We came across a fantastic tutorial for making adorable seed bombs on a neat blog called Mademoiselle Chaos. We think these heart shaped seed bombs would make great party favors or gifts for guests at your next party!
What You Need:
- Seeds – any kind of flower you like, preferably native!
- Old newspaper
- Immersion blender
- Scrap cloth
- IKEA’s heart-shaped ice-cube trays or any other soft silicon mold
- Shred the newspaper into tiny pieces or strips.
- Add warm water to the newspaper in a bowl.
- Using the immersion blender, blend your concoction.
- Add the seeds to your mixture.
- Line the sieve with the scrap cloth.
- Pour your mixture into the cloth-lined sieve and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Take part of the semi-dry mixture and press it into the shaped ice-cube tray or silicon mold.
- After you have filled all the molds and the seed bombs have begun to dry, remove them from the mold.
- Place the seed bombs in a warm dry place to completely dry out. But don’t heat them up, or you will kill the seeds!
- Once dry, carry your seed bombs in your pocket and plant flowers wherever you go🙂.
We love these flower, fall pumpkins and leaves, butterfly, and dinosaur molds available on Amazon! The original tutorial with pictures and tips can be found here. What do you think of these adorable seed bombs? Will you make some for your next party?