Thinking of throwing a birthday party with an owl theme? Or do you just love Owls? Well this week we’ve got a collection of craft tutorials is for you! We’ve searched around the web and have collected our favorite owl crafts, and we hope you can’t wait to try them out. The first two we are sharing are great for crafters of all skill levels, and require only a few markers, paper, and toilet paper rolls!
DIY Owls From Toilet Paper Rolls
This awesome little tutorial originated from a blog in Spain called DecoIdeas (see original tutorial here). Since the instructions aren’t totally clear thanks to Google translator, we’ve summarized them for you!
- Toilet paper rolls
- Black Sharpie marker
- Colored broad tipped markers or watercolor paints/paint brush
- Collect used toilet paper rolls and remove any remaining paper/residue.
- Using a sharpie marker draw faces and body details on the rolls (use the photo as a guide, but feel free to be creative). Allow the rolls to dry for a few minutes.
- Using broad tipped markers or watercolor paints color or paint your toilet paper rolls. It may take several passes to ensure a uniform color.
- If you want to give your owls ears bend the end of the toilet paper roll towards the center to pinch up the sides.
Paper Owl From 3 EyedBear
This cute paper owl is a simple craft and looks adorable. They would make great centerpieces or decorations for an owl party. Simply download the template and instructions here. All you need is this template, scissors, and some glue. You could even download the template, trace it, and create your own design or color scheme on the
Do you think you’ll be making any of these little owls? We will!