To continue the spirit of DIY, we are sharing a great tutorial from an awesome blog called Fellow Fellow. We love the tutorial for DIY Watercolor Notebooks for creating party favors, gifts, or for an easy craft that kid’s could do at a party. We’ve summarized the tutorial here, but for detailed instructions and step by step pictures definitely check out the link!
- Blank Moleskine Notebooks
- Brushes of Different Sizes
- Watercolor Paints
- Paint Tray
- Cup of Water
- Place some paint in the tray and mix with some water.
- To create the flowers simply dip the brush in the paint and dab onto the notebooks making short strokes. It’s good to practice on other paper first!
- Once you feel confident about the way your flowers look it’s time to work on the notebook. They recommend starting at the top and working your way down to avoid dragging on the flowers you just painted. It’s best to work in stages (darker colors first) and letting each layer of color dry before beginning the next.
- Once dry you have beautiful personalized notebooks!
What do you think of these adorable notebooks? We ❤ them!