Today we wanted to share an adorable and easy recipe that is sure to please party-goers of all ages. The recipe comes from Whole Foods and manages to pack in a good bit of protein, fruit while leaving your sweet tooth satisfied. We’ve been obsessed with fresh peanut and almond butter lately and have got some ideas for how to customize the ingredients to suit your unique taste buds.
- 2 Small apples, cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 Tsp. lemon juice (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. peanut or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. granola
- Brush the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown (if you aren’t eating them right away).
- Spread one side of half of the apple slices with peanut or almond butter then sprinkle with chocolate chips and granola.
- Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches.
- Consider using dried fruit in place of chocolate chips
- Use an interesting granola like Nature’s Path Pumpkin Granola
- Substitute granola for crumbled graham crackers
- Swap Nutella for the almond or peanut butter
What ideas do you have for changing up the ingredients?