Who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries? This recipe is super simple and has endless possibilities for customizing to your next event. We’ve shared a modified recipe from Sister’s Cafe (click here for original) for Fourth of July themed strawberries (picture also courtesy of their blog), but really chocolate and sprinkles come in just about any color these days – so you can mix it up to coordinate with your next party or gathering!
- Strawberries, washed and dried
- White chocolate
- Blue sugar, edible glitter, or sprinkles
- Pour the blue sugar into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50% power for two minutes. Stir until the bowl is no longer warm. Then microwave for 30 second intervals at 50% power, stirring after each, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- If you don’t have a microwave (like me!!!) melt the chocolate the old-fashioned way on the stove: place water in a small pot, and nest a metal bowl into the pot so that it rests on the lip of the pot (i.e. nest the bowl into the pot). Melt the chocolate over low heat—if you try to rush it the chocolate will seize up. When the chocolate is almost melted add 1/4 cup more chips and stir constantly until the mixture is smooth. This method is called “tempering” and will set up sugar crystals so the chocolate remains firm at room temperature.
- After the chocolate is melted, dip the lower two-thirds of the strawberries in the melted white chocolate.
- Then, dip the lower third of the strawberries in the blue sugar or spoon it onto the strawberry.
- Place on wax paper until completely cool.
What color combinations will you try at your next party?