Cake batter flavored anything is amazing. Cookies, cakes, ice cream… and on the fantastic blog Gimme Some Oven, Ali has created a recipe for Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats! This recipe and picture come from her blog, but we recommend you read her tips for rice crispy treat perfection (Psst.. her latest post is for cake batter no bake cheesecakes!).
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix (the dry cake mix, not prepared into a batter!)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Stir the marshmallows until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time to combine.
- Stir in the cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Add half of the sprinkles and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into a baking dish (any size will do) and then top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let your rice crispy treats sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
What’s your favorite Cake Batter flavored dessert?