Today we have a recipe to share with you that has been adapted from this recipe by Lovestohost on All Recipes. They are simply amazing, because you don’t have to decide between cupcakes and cookies!
- 1 package of chocolate chip cookie dough – we love organic options you can pick up at Whole Foods!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix – Arrowhead Mills makes a great organic yellow cake mix!
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- Form the cookie dough into tablespoon-sized balls, place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours. You must freeze the cookie dough in order for these to work!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with a whisk. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; continue beating for 2 minutes until batter is smooth. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake (not the cookie dough ball) comes clean, which is about 16-18 minutes. It is important not to over bake, otherwise the cookie dough will be overdone.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost them with your favorite store-bought or homemade frosting and consider sprinkling them with mini chocolate chips! Chocolate or cream cheese frosting works nicely.
This recipe could be changed up with any flavored cookie dough—oatmeal raisin, chocolate chunk, snicker doodle … which is your favorite cookie dough?