With Gravenstein apples just coming into season we felt inspired to share a recipe featuring the delicious California apple! This would make a great appetizer for a party or even just a healthy snack to share with little ones. (Picture from The Girl Who Ate Everything).
- 2 Kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Gravenstein – peeled, cored and diced
- 8 oz. fresh raspberries
- 8 oz. fresh blueberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries diced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. fruit preserves, any flavor you like! We love orange marmalade in this one.
- 10 (10 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- Mix the kiwis, Gravenstein apples, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, brown sugar and fruit preserves in a large bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each whole wheat flour tortilla with cooking spray (buttered flavor works nicely). Cut the tortillas into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit salsa.
Of course you don’t have to use Gravenstein apples, or you could change up any of the fruit really and still get great results. What are your favorite apples!