We think pop cakes are simply adorable, so why not give pop brownies a try at your next party? This recipe uses a boxed brownie mix making it super easy and fun!
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) of your favorite brownie mix (we love this low-fat version from Trader Joes)
- Water, vegetable oil (or direct substitute with apple sauce) and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 16 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (4 oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Heat the oven to 350°F. (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Line 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray. Make the brownies as directed on box. If you have a cake pop pan, make these brownies in that pan!
- Place the brownies in freezer for 30 minutes after allowing them to cool for an hour.
- Remove brownies from pan by lifting foil and peel the foil from sides of brownies. Cut the brownies into 16 bars, 4 rows by 4 rows.
- Gently insert craft stick into end of each bar, peeling foil from bars. Place on cookie sheet and freeze the bars for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on high for about 1 minute; stir until smooth. If the chocolate still isn’t completely melted, simply heat in 5 second increments as needed.
- Dip top 1/3 to 1/2 of each brownie into chocolate; sprinkle with candy sprinkles (or completely dip your brownie pops). Then lay them flat on waxed paper or foil to dry.
What do you think of these brownie pops?