Christmas is just around the corner… no seriously it’s next week! And we at Make a Birthday Wish are extremely excited for all the love and giving that takes place this time of year. If you are still lost for gift ideas, then have no fear, we’ve got a collection of great resources to help you make a great gift for just about anyone on your list (even the person that has everything!). The best part about this gift idea, it is practically free (except for the paper it’s printed on) or close to it.
DIY coupon books are the perfect solution for someone that is difficult to buy for, or if you want to give something more meaningful and personal this year. You generally are giving your time (a foot rub, scrubbing the shower, etc.) , or maybe entitling a friend to a cup of coffee, dinner, or a movie. One of our favorite things about DIY coupon books is they let you be as creative as you want to be. You can completely hand-make your book, or use a free online site to generate a clean-looking book that you can print out. To get started think about the person you are giving the coupons to. What do they enjoy doing, what do they need more of in their life (maybe time, or quiet), what do they hate to do (clean, laundry)? Then make a list of possible coupons:
- Back massage
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Organizing the closet
- A cup of coffee & good conversation
- Their favorite dinner
- A trip to the bookstore
- A night of babysitting
- An at home spa day… the list could go on forever
Once you have your list you can use MS Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Photoshop, Online tools, or old fashioned paper, glue, and scissors to create a coupon book. Here are some of our favorite resources:
- Kodak’s Gift Coupon Book Tutorial & Templates – these are great if you can’t think of your own coupon’s, or you aren’t so handy with drawing or handwriting your coupons.
- Balancing Beauty & Bedlam’s Homemade Coupon Book Templates – a great template that has premade coupons and gives you the option to create your own!
- Soakworthy’s Coupon/Voucher Ideas – this post has a lot of great ideas for unique coupon or voucher formats, including buttons and tags. Definitely a great place to get some inspiration.
- SevenThirtyThree’s Coupon Book – a free printable beautiful coupon book for dad’s, would be great to print for little one’s to give to their dad’s or grandfather’s!
Have you ever made your own coupons or vouchers before? What kind of coupons did you come up with?