Today we’ve got a recipe for delicious, cakey gluten-free brownies adapted from the book Gluten Free Baking Classics! These are so tasty nobody will even notice they don’t contain any wheat. We whipped up a batch of these for a joint birthday party this past weekend (but forgot to snap pictures), and they were a hit. These are great for birthday parties, pot lucks, or the holidays. You can add mix-ins according to your preferences. Chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, or caramel sauce make nice additions! Oh and did we mention we seriously cut the sugar on these too by using stevia in place of sugar.
- 2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 ozs. unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ozs. semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup stevia in the raw
- 2 tsps. pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Optional: 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, or chocolate chips, or dried fruit, or a combination.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit, 350 if you are at altitude. Position rack in lower-middle oven, and grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum in a bowl, then set aside.
- Over low heat, melt chocolate and butter in a heavy sauce pan. Once melted, remove the pan from heat and whisk in stevia and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time until mixture becomes smooth and glossy.Add the flour mixture and whisk until incorporated. If you are adding nuts or chocolate chips add them and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared 8-inch square pan and place in the oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool completely, then cut & serve!
What is your favorite brownie recipe? And do you like dense or cakey brownies? We can’t make up our minds.