Looking for a new healthy breakfast recipe? Or something to take to school or the office? We’ve got the perfect muffin recipe for you. These blueberry-banana muffins are vegan and gluten-free! Oh and did we mention they are largely guilt-free because we are eliminating fatty oils and using good-for you ingredients like organic blueberries, bananas, and flax! Give these a try, you won’t be disappointed 🙂
- 1 1/4 cups flour (1/2 brown rice and 1/2 gluten free baking mix – like Bob’s Red Mill) If you don’t have brown rice flour, 2 cups of gluten-free mix will do
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or stevia in the raw
- 2 ripe organic bananas, mashed well
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup agave, or honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup almond or rice milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (add after mixing wet and dry ingredients together)
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease the muffin pan with vegan cooking spray or butter or line with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl mash the bananas well. Then add the additional wet ingredients from the apple sauce through vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients from the flour through the sugar and mix well.
- Slowly stir together the wet and dry ingredients until well blended. Then add the apple cider vinegar.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups about 1/3 of the way full.
- Bake 22-25 minutes in preheated oven or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins are tasty and healthy. A great snack or breakfast to keep around the house, and perfect for sharing with friends. Have a happy Tuesday!
What are your favorite kind of muffins?