There are a few things we love here at Make A Birthday Wish. First and foremost we love giving, and anything birthdays comes in a close second. If you read our blog regularly you also might pick up on the fact that we love pumpkin! And not just at this time a year. Pumpkin is such a nutritional treat, and it definitely deserves to be in more than just pie this Thanksgiving. So today we have a recipe for Pumpkin Irish Soda Bread to share with you!
Pumpkin Irish Soda Bread
- 1 cup organic white all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup organic dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- n a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until moistened, then add the dried cranberries and stir until combined.
- Knead dough a few times by hand, then shape into a loaf and place on the prepared baking sheet. Score the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped. Cool for at least 30 minutes prior to slicing.
What are your favorite pumpkin dishes for Thanksgiving?